It's time again for the Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month I was assigned the blog Cooking with Chopin, Living with Elmo. Ginny is a self-proclaimed happy housewife and mother to two boys, who considers cooking to be therapy. I found many grat recipes to try, including her Smoked Gruyere and Penne Salad with Parsley Parmesan Dressing, which I will be trying soon. But I decided to try the recipe for roasted cauliflower and crisped prosciutto first! I used bacon instead of prosciutto, and it was such a great dish! I don't cook with - or even buy - cauliflower usually, which was part of the draw to this recipe. The great thing about SRC and the recipe swaps I participate in, is the opportunity to try recipes that I may not normally come across.
Ginny has so many great recipes, so head on over to her blog and check it out!
Roasted Cauliflower with Crisped Bacon (Lettuce Wraps)
Source: Cooking with Chopin, Living with Elmo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Swiss
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets in a bowl, drizzle with one tablespoon of oiul and the balsamic vinegar. Toss to mix.
- Spread cauliflower onto baking sheet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cauliflower should be slightly brown. Remove and cool.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the pan and saute 10 minutes until crisp. Add garlic to pan; saute for an additional minute. Drain bacon-garlic mixture on a paper towel.
- Chop cauliflower florets into small pieces. Place in medium bowl, and add cheese and parsley. Stir well. Add bacon mixture and mix again. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves, drizzle with a little additional balsamic vinegar, and serve.