Although I love most kinds of fish, salmon is at the top of the list of my favorites. I know a lot of people think it's too "fishy", but I love it, and it goes so well with some of my favorite flavors (i.e. balsamic!), and it's good for you too! (Helloooo Omega-3.) And while I've marinated, seasoned, and sauced salmon so many different ways, but I had never thought to top it with a delicious cheesy sauce. What the hell was I thinking?!?! Or not thinking, as the case may be.
Anywho...as soon as I saw this on Jessica's blog, I knew I had to try it, and it was every bit as good as I imagined it would be. And, as always, it was super easy to prep and didn't take long to cook. A great weeknight meal! Serve it up to your someone special or friends for a nice dinner!
Asiago Baked Salmon
Source: How Sweet It Is
- 1 lb salmon filets
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, cheese, shallots, parsley and garlic together. Spread on top of salmon.
- Bake the fish about 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.